Lemme preface this with: I’m 26, this list may be a lil different when im 30; gimme some slack 🙄😆. But this isn’t to exclude men from the dating pool I’m in (although, it really feel like I’m in a kiddie pool…. Ima leave that there lol it does have 2 meanings lol💡🙄😆) . This is simply a list of my preferences and what I think would be good for me.
1. Handsome face
2. Nice – descent body type (but I dont discriminate against the chubs—some of the rawest men I have come to know have been of the 300+ lbs plus variety. I have been humbled. A man who is big AND a boss?, that shit is so sexy to me 😩)
3. Over 6’2 (again! I have been humbled by this lol but…. I still have a preference 🤷🏽♀️… you at least gotta be 5’5 to ride this ride)
4. Intelligent. Not just book-smart, street-smart too. I like to be mentally stimulated but I also need you to recognize situations. ULTIMATE turn on. I got a degree but you dont need one. My husband needs to be able to teach me stuff the same way he should be able to learn from me.
5. Great sex. Look, I dont say amazing because… somewhere in the Girl Code Handbook it says (and I’m paraphrasing) dont ever marry the guy you had the best sex of your life with. Dont ever marry that guy.. for several reasons. But my personal ones are 1) he will be lacking somewhere else significantly, to the point that it will be a deal breaker or you’ll be in a ‘dumb bitch’ situation. 2) the guy with the most amazing sex you’ve ever had will make a woman go bat-shit crazy… you shouldnt even want to get to that limit.
6. Luxury level income- call me what you want but I have a taste for nice things (I’m still relatively modest tho), I like to be spoiled, and I dont want to have to work 🤷🏽♀️. I want to work and own businesses because I want to work and own business.. not because I HAVE to hustle to pay my bills.
7. Amazing sense of humor.
8. Spiritual compatibility. I cant be with someone who says they dont believe in God (or judah or allah or buddha or whomever). You have to believe in something. And your something and My something have to be able to mesh and combine into one spiritually heightened soul.
9. Security. I mean security 2 ways. 1) security with our relationship. Slight jealousy is cute but an actual jealous nigga? Not cute OR cool! 🙅🏽♀️. 2) security as in, I feel the most secure with you. I want to feel safe and protected when I’m with my man, especially wrapped in his arms.
10. Patience. I was going to say understanding.. because I want a man who understands me, understands the methods to my madness, understands my ticks, understands how and why I anger the way I do…. but in order for anyone to really have understanding, there must be patience first. With patience comes understanding… if he can be patient with me, he will learn to understand me.